Option to make one node connect manually to a particular node only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 08:55:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi,

I don't see any option in the Deco Android app to manually connect one node to a particular node. Instead it is done automatically with Deco's internal logic.

In my case, the M5 node is always connecting to another node which is far, rather than to a nearer node. In such cases, it would be good to have an option in the Deco app to connect one node to the node which the user wants. This would help in checking whether this gives better performance or not.

Is there any plan to add such option in the Deco app?

Regards

Naveed

Options
4 Reply
Re:Option to make one node connect manually to a particular node only
2020-06-05 12:05:30

@md_naveed 

Hi, 

We will keep recording the same feedback and then forward it to the product team thus they can work on it.
If there are any updates, we will upload it to the official website. So it's very suggested to pay attention to the official website.
Good day.

Options
2020-12-01 05:04:37
I recently got a Dec E4 and I noticed my android device transition to different nodes is not working smoothly. From 1st flr going to 2nd flr my phone does not connect to the 2nd flr node(even if i am just beside the 2nd node), and i noticed my wifi signal on my phone gets disconnected for a split second but strangely still reconnects to the 1st node. But when I off and on my wifi on devices, works okay. Fast Roaming enabled Beamforming disabled WPA PSK AES
Options
2020-12-01 05:04:38
I recently got a Dec E4 and I noticed my android device transition to different nodes is not working smoothly. From 1st flr going to 2nd flr my phone does not connect to the 2nd flr node(even if i am just beside the 2nd node), and i noticed my wifi signal on my phone gets disconnected for a split second but strangely still reconnects to the 1st node. But when I off and on my wifi on devices, works okay. Fast Roaming enabled Beamforming disabled WPA PSK AES
Options
2020-12-02 08:09:02

@sherwinry 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number and operating system of your smartphone?

Sometimes, not all the devices supported fast roaming and there would be a customer who provided a detailed explanation about this issue’

Maybe you could have a look:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/169918?replyId=518762

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options