Night settings and Ispy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Night settings and Ispy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Night settings and Ispy
Night settings and Ispy
2020-06-09 14:12:59 - last edited 2020-06-10 10:36:17
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Hello everyone I am a total newbie to this type of stuff so please forgive the lack of basic knowledge

I am hoping to purchase a Tapo C200 as it might have the 2 elements that i am looking for in a indoor smart camera.

As far as I am aware it is possible to set the camera to Day mode so that the Night Vision will not switch on at all

is that correct ???   as I want to place the camera so that it is pointing through a window and do not want the IR reflecting on the glass.

Also is it also possible to use the Ispy software/program to view the camera footage and record onto a PC hard drive.

Hope some one can spare a few mins  and help.

Thank You

Kevin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Night settings and Ispy-Solution
2020-06-10 01:04:06 - last edited 2020-06-10 10:36:17

@scouseinglasgow 

Hello,

Yes, we can choose to use Day Mode or Night Mode and we can set it to Day Mode at night, but to be honest, we cannot guarantee the image is clear enough if the IR is disabled. If you do need the camera point to a window, ensure the image quality is in HQ which can be modified on the Tapo app.

Yes, you can use third-party applications like iSpy to add and manage the camera, here is the guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2680/

May this help you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Night settings and Ispy-Solution
2020-06-10 01:04:06 - last edited 2020-06-10 10:36:17

@scouseinglasgow 

Hello,

Yes, we can choose to use Day Mode or Night Mode and we can set it to Day Mode at night, but to be honest, we cannot guarantee the image is clear enough if the IR is disabled. If you do need the camera point to a window, ensure the image quality is in HQ which can be modified on the Tapo app.

Yes, you can use third-party applications like iSpy to add and manage the camera, here is the guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2680/

May this help you.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Night settings and Ispy
2020-06-10 08:45:05

@Solla-topee  

Thank You very much 

kevin

Options

Information

Helpful: 0