Cannot control KL430 power state from Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-02 14:28:59 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:33

I just finished setting up the KL430 light strip and have linked my Kasa account to Google Home. The light strip is connected but Google Assistant seems mostly unable to turn it on or off. It's able to adjust the color and brightness with no issue, so I know it's communicating, but power state commands seem to fail silently. It's very strange.

In a very interesting turn of events, telling Google to set the brightness to 0% seems to help it momentarily understand how to change the power state. After I ask this, I can tell it to turn the lights on and off, and it works. However this quickly stops working, for reasons unknown. Note that throughout this time, the Kasa app works flawlessly to control the device, so I think the issue is with Google Assistant's integration.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions on how I could fix this? Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot control KL430 power state from Google Home-Solution
2020-07-15 09:24:57 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:33

@Kevin_M 

Hello Kevin,

This issue seems to be regarding the KL430 Google local control issue. Can we get more information to make sure you have the right setup?

1. Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be on the same WiFi.
2. Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be in the same home in the Google Home app.
3. Confirm what is the Google Home device firmware version, you may go to Google Home App-> Click on the google home device -> Click on Gear icon on the top-right corner, scroll down and check the firmware version. It should be one of the latest firmware versions (above 1.44)
4. Do you have multiple accounts in google home app or for setting up devices? This can sometimes cause incorrect behavior.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot control KL430 power state from Google Home-Solution
2020-07-15 09:24:57 - last edited 2020-08-13 08:44:33

@Kevin_M 

Hello Kevin,

This issue seems to be regarding the KL430 Google local control issue. Can we get more information to make sure you have the right setup?

1. Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be on the same WiFi.
2. Google Home device and Kasa Smart device should be in the same home in the Google Home app.
3. Confirm what is the Google Home device firmware version, you may go to Google Home App-> Click on the google home device -> Click on Gear icon on the top-right corner, scroll down and check the firmware version. It should be one of the latest firmware versions (above 1.44)
4. Do you have multiple accounts in google home app or for setting up devices? This can sometimes cause incorrect behavior.

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 677

Replies: 1