Need help with wiring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need help with wiring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Need help with wiring
Need help with wiring
2020-07-10 23:29:45
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - I am planning to replace two single pole switches with two HS200 switches. I didnt understand the wiring here. The one with Red arrow is coming from the first switch and going into second switch. Not sure how to connect these wires to smart switch. Any help is highly appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Need help with wiring
2020-07-11 13:13:56
Usually the black with the arrow is line (hot) feeding both switches and it looks to continue to the next boxes on the same circuit If you aren't 100% certain you really should hire an electrician so you don't kill yourself - this is a pretty common and simple arrangement.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-07-12 13:52:34

@TaraV 

Treat the two black wires at the top of your picture as one wire.

Put them and one black from the HS200 under a wirenut.

Put the bottom black with the other black of the HS200 under a wirenut.

In the wall box should be a group of white wires under a wirenut, remove the wirenut and add the white of the HS200, then replace the wirenut.

This should be done with the power off.

Options
2020-07-16 21:11:05

@B.Will Thanks Mike and Will for the inputs. Just want to get some more clarifications and try once. If not, I will call an electrician. 

The top black wire with Red arrow is connecting switch 1 and 2.That is where i got stuck.  I just added numbers and colors to each switch for more clarity. my only doubt is how to connect the black wire with Red arrow on to 2nd switch when i connect the TP link switch.  I am clear with switch 1 connections.

Options
2020-07-16 23:04:04

@TaraV 

Treat switch 2 the same as switch 1.

That will leave the jumper between both switches, so that a change in the future will not effect both switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 4

Related Articles