Cannot connect TAPO to Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-05 18:49:31 - last edited 2020-08-06 01:23:25
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Camera was working just fine. I had to change the name/password of the wifi connection on the router. After that, I have not been able to reconnect the camera. I keep getting this message "no Internet access, select other available networks" I choose yes, reenter name of wifi and passoword, and after a long while, the same message. I can see that my smartphone changes the wifi to "Tapo_Cam_D751", and I can see the camera in the list of available wifi networks on the computer, but something seems to be wrong somewhere. I am at my wits end.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network-Solution
2020-08-06 01:23:19 - last edited 2020-08-06 01:23:25

@Cos70 

Hello,

If you have changed your wireless network settings, you may need to reconfigure the Tapo C200 from scratch, please reset it by holding the RESET button on it for more than 5s and refer to the below instructions to reconfigure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2710/

Below are some troubleshooting suggestions you may refer to if you still fail to add it back:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2747/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network-Solution
2020-08-06 01:23:19 - last edited 2020-08-06 01:23:25

@Cos70 

Hello,

If you have changed your wireless network settings, you may need to reconfigure the Tapo C200 from scratch, please reset it by holding the RESET button on it for more than 5s and refer to the below instructions to reconfigure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2710/

Below are some troubleshooting suggestions you may refer to if you still fail to add it back:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2747/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot connect TAPO to Network
2020-08-07 12:12:34

@Brook  thank you for tour answer but i have already done that, several times. I even uninstalled the software AND installed it from scratch. Funny thing Is that the camera Is listed as a wifi available  connection un every device i have at home

Options
2020-08-13 06:59:01

@Cos70 

Hello,

What does it mean? Do you mean the camera's default SSID is still broadcasting even after you connect it to your wireless network? If so, please try to reboot the camera and your host router, then check again if the camera LED is solid green.

If the camera LED is solid green, that means it is connected to your wireless network correctly and you should be able to view it on your Tapo app.

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-13 21:03:28

Hi @Brook. Thanks for answering. No idea what SSID is. Camera connects to smartphone, but it never connects to the router. LED never goes to solid green, it keeps blinking red/green. I have already reset everything several times and it is not working. If anybody else tells me to reset I am going to scream.

As far as I can see, the problem is that the camera connects to the smartphone via wi-fi and thereore the smartphone cannot connect to to the router and I got the "no Internet available" or so message. I have even tried enabling /disabling the use of mobile data (that would be the 4G network). Camera never goes beyond the red/green stage.

The first time I set the camera up it worked perfectly well. I don t know if I shoudl return the camera or there is some software issue. 

Options
2020-08-14 06:52:58

@Cos70 

Sorry, SSID=Wireless Network Name.

What kind of phone are you using? Is it possible to try with another phone? You may disable the mobile data on the phone and leave it connected to the camera default wireless then follow the procedures again to reconfigure it.

However, if this still fails, it is suggested to call the local tech support who will guide you through the setup process and it will be more convenient:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good day.

Options
2020-08-14 18:27:16

@Brook Hi again! Thank you for your answer. It is a Huawei P9, but as I said, everything was just fine till I changed the name of the network/connection (someone was using my wifi, and my Internet provider suggested I use a hidden network).

Let me see if I understand, cause it is my brother who usually helps me with this kind of stuff, but we are locked down since March and it does not seem we will be alllowed to see family or friends anytime soon.

I first disable mobile data, then I reset camera, then I try to add the camera to the TAPO application, is that so?

I sent an email to local support a couple of days ago but no answer yet.I don't know if they are working. Some activities are not allowed yet. I even contacted the seller, he said I can take the camera to the store. Problem is that I don't know if I can get a permit to go there, as it is located in another part of the town and we are not allowed to move outside our neighborhoods without valid reason + prior permit, so I am doing my best to solve the issue from home. Thank you again for your help.

Options
2020-08-21 01:31:23

@Cos70 

Hello, terribly sorry to hear that and keep safe.

Yes, you may disable the cellular data on your HUAWEI P9 first and reset the Tapo C200 to its factory by holding the RESET button on it for 5s, then ensure your phone is connected to your new 2.4GHz wireless network and launch the Tapo app to add the camera one more time.

BTW, you mentioned that your wireless network is hidden now? If yes, you need to ensure you are inputting the correct network name and password, otherwise, the camera may fail to connect to it. 

If you still fail to add the camera, it is suggested to enable the network broadcasting on your router and create a strong wireless password to ensure its security to give it a go.

May it help.

Options
2020-10-27 09:20:19

@Brook 

I am facing similar issue. First time C100 got configured successfully. camera was running and recording perfectly. The wifi router restarted next day morning (Routine power on/off) and after that camera could not be setup again with router. It was unable to find the wifi access point , SSID.. 

Multiple times i tried reset camera. Also tried on router setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 but nothing worked.

How it is possible that once setup was successful and router restart changed everything. Is it problem with reset of camera?

This is really bad as i dont have any option but to throw the camera. Local recording is of no use for me

Options
2020-10-27 17:13:22

@Deepsi Hi!

I was finally able to reconnect the camera. Here's what I did, no idea if it was any of that or just that my prayers were answered.

First, I took the camera to a friend's house and connected it to the network there. It worked... at least I knew then that the camera was working.

Then went home, reset everything several times, changed the network to "visible", changed the modem password and tried to connect it again.... and it worked.

My brother says perhaps the camera was set on using the old network name, that when I tried it on a new network it fully reset...Or maybe it was that it (the camera) got tired of me resetting it.

I have previously tried all of the above except the friend's house without any success.

I even tried to reset the model to factory settings, but my Internet provider refused to do it (new policy they said).

Hope it helps

Options
2021-10-17 20:30:22

We can not Connect the camera

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 30673

Replies: 11

Related Articles