Yet another 3 way switch question......

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 17:24:13
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've read through several posts but haven't found one which addresses my issues. I am attempting to replace one dumb switch with a smart switch in a typical two dumb switch 3 way setup on my staircase. I am replacing the switch at the bottom of the stairs and the wiring seemed straightforward but still doesn't work correctly. I've connected two black wires and one red wire to the smart switch along with the ground and neutral. I connected the "hot"  (black) wire to the black screw and the remaining black and red wiires to the brass screws. The switch has a strong connection to the WiFi and appears in the app.

I can turn on and off the light at the smart switch without any issues but when I go upstairs and turn off the lights with the dumb switch, the smart switch won't turn back on without having to turn on the upstairs dumb switch first. 

I have connected the wires in the smart switch in several different configurations but haven't had any success. Additionally, I tried replacing the upstairs dumb switch with a second smart switch and still didn't achieve the desired results of having the same functionality as the previous setup with the two dumb switches. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Yet another 3 way switch question......
2020-09-18 06:33:24

@Ironhorse346 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Please help me check the following information:

1. Both the original dumb switches are able to turn on/off the same light, right?
  2. Could you please take a picture of the wires connection on HS210 and please also mark out which wire it is if possible?
  3. Have you tried to swap the location of HS210 with the dumb switch to see if the issue still here?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 750

Replies: 1

Related Articles