Smart bulb only blinks twice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-20 07:36:43 - last edited 2020-10-03 01:28:46
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Every time I power on the light bulb it blinks 2 times. I lost control over it from the Kasa app so I decided to reset the connection but every time I try the soft and hard reset I get only 2 blinks and then it's back to the original color before I can even try to configure it on the app.

I tried both reset options the exact way tp-link recommended counting time both fast and slow and I still get only 2 blinks.

My smart bulb became dumb.

Help please!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart bulb only blinks twice-Solution
2020-09-29 15:18:12 - last edited 2020-10-03 01:28:46

@Danilo.Carvalho 

I had the same issue with my LB100. It was blinking only twice and not thrice as the app suggested. But after doing a hard reset that is turning off and on 5 times... Spending a total of 10 seconds. After that I went into the wifi settings on my phone and selected a network that my bulb created. Then I went into Kasa app and started the process to add a new bulb (I have already removed the bulb from the list) and et voila I could add the bulb back finally. Hope it helps. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart bulb only blinks twice
2020-09-25 05:51:18

@Danilo.Carvalho 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know how long have you had the smart light bulb?

And where are you located?

After it blanks twice, could you see any default wireless network, like TP-Link_smart bulb_xxx?

Have you tried to unscrew it from the light base and screw it back; then reset it again(switch it on and off 5 times)?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Smart bulb only blinks twice-Solution
2020-09-29 15:18:12 - last edited 2020-10-03 01:28:46

@Danilo.Carvalho 

I had the same issue with my LB100. It was blinking only twice and not thrice as the app suggested. But after doing a hard reset that is turning off and on 5 times... Spending a total of 10 seconds. After that I went into the wifi settings on my phone and selected a network that my bulb created. Then I went into Kasa app and started the process to add a new bulb (I have already removed the bulb from the list) and et voila I could add the bulb back finally. Hope it helps. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4036

Replies: 2