Inconsistent performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Inconsistent performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Inconsistent performance
Inconsistent performance
2020-09-25 18:48:03 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:54:21
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I have put together a novel set of kit based around using my mobile telephone  as the wide area router  and connected the RE650 as an extender to the 2.4 GHz service only. I can only use one or the other on my phone and as I wanted to preconfigure smart home stuff that only works on 2.4GHz it seems to make good sense. Anyway it all goes smoothly up until the final act of hitting the finish button. Then it just hangs . The good news is the the service is up and running and I have been able to use it to set a number of lights up using various apps on a smart phone. Had to use my wifes phone for this as mine as the dedicated wide area router could not be used. Even managed today to put a zycel switch connected to the LAN port on re650 and configured and updated the firmware. The problem is I cannot connect to the web page for the device no matter how I try, cable wireless or phone app just will not connect. So something is wrong somewhere.. I have reset the extender several times and tried manual set up etc but always the same conclusion the device just hangs. Everything seems to work . You just cant get onto the device.  Any clues what to do please

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Inconsistent performance-Solution
2020-09-27 01:54:15 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:54:21

@john-john 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you log into the extender via http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254?

(PS: when the range extender is successfully linked to the mobile hotspot, the IP address is no longer working and only the domain name available;)

Just in case the domain name is not working either, please help me check the following information:

1. Did both 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up on the RE650?
  2. What is the IP address and default gateway on the device when it is connected to the RE650?
  3. Please also try to ping the tplinkrepeater.net to check the connection;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Inconsistent performance-Solution
2020-09-27 01:54:15 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:54:21

@john-john 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you log into the extender via http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254?

(PS: when the range extender is successfully linked to the mobile hotspot, the IP address is no longer working and only the domain name available;)

Just in case the domain name is not working either, please help me check the following information:

1. Did both 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up on the RE650?
  2. What is the IP address and default gateway on the device when it is connected to the RE650?
  3. Please also try to ping the tplinkrepeater.net to check the connection;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Inconsistent performance
2020-09-28 18:46:49

@Solla-topee 

Appreciate the interest in my problem.

My mobile was set up as the access point using the 2.5\mhz channel. Went through the quick setup okay, skipped the 5GHz and everything seems okay. When I click finish the screen just hangs from that point. However  it does seem to work just cannot connect to the web page with either the Ip number or the name. Cant ping either just times out.

Got no way of seeing what the settings are on the device. I can factory reset then run through process again, I can run through the quick setup but instead of hitting finish go to the settings. I have already done this a couple of times but when I save settings it just hangs. But again it does appear to work you just cant connect to the web page. Obviously something is wrong and I cannot take this forward until I understand what is going on. Let me know what I need to do to investigate and sort out. Thankyou.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 2

Related Articles