Tapo video quality issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo video quality issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo video quality issue
Tapo video quality issue
2020-10-18 17:57:58
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 tapo c200 cameras both up to date firmware etc... I am having issues with one always setting itself to low quality seemingly for no reason at all.

My initial setup i had virgin (isp) hub 3.0 in the small bedroom with camera 1 and I had camera 2 in the main bedroom still not very far from the hub. Camera 2 kept setting itself to low quality. Camera 1 worked as normal.

The virgin hub isn't great and as I am getting more smart home devices I decided to upgrade to a whole home mesh system. 

The virgin hub is now in modem mode and My main router for the mesh system is in the main bedroom with camera 2 (2 other mesh routers downstairs). My entire home has excellent WiFi coverage right up to the back of my rear garden. Yet camera 2 even though its now closer to the router still insists on setting itself to low quality but only while NOT using the app. If I watch the video there is no stutter picture looks great but if I exit the app then return a few hours later its set itself back to low. I never have the issue with camera 1 which is now further from the hub yet stays on high quality without issue. Both cameras show full signal strength within the app.

I am at a loss as to what I can do as there seems to be no way to force it to stay on high. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo video quality issue
2020-10-20 03:53:28

@Mattyi85 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, we would like to follow up by email and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Tapo video quality issue
2021-10-04 12:50:27

@Mattyi85 

Hi, I have just read your post and i am having exactly the same issues, could you let me know what the responce was and how to rectify.

cheers

Pete

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1652

Replies: 2

Related Articles