Smartbulbs without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-21 13:02:31
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

I will soon be moving to remote place where there is no internet facility available. I will be creating a local WiFi Network which will not have any internet connectivity. 

I am looking to install Smart bulbs "TP-LINK A60 Filament LED E27 Smart Bulb" . And the feature which i will need is the Scheduling to work. 

Do i need internet connection for Scheduling to work?? or If i just have an App already installed on my phone i can use it setup schedules?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smartbulbs without internet
2020-10-31 15:05:45

@Mavrick_2020 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The schedule would be saved on the plug chipset and could work without internet after setup;

But the time setting needs to be updated only when internet is available, which is to say, the schedule would work in the short period but for the long time run, there would be some potential issues, such as turning on/off on the wrong time;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 922

Replies: 1