Tapo Cam controlled by Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-29 08:29:31
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it really true, that you can't set your tapo cams to away/home mode from google home?

If so that would make tapo cams next to useless. The whole reason for a "smart home" is to have a single element control everything. I don't want to do everything with google and then still have to go into a separate app to turn on/off the cams...

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo Cam controlled by Google Home
2020-10-31 13:41:14

@Damon214 

Hi,

Thanks for your time and patience.

Yes, currently, the home/away mode has to be set up on the Tapo APP directly, not via Google Home;

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

And we would like to report this feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

If anyone who had the same idea, please feel free to post it here.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
Re:Tapo Cam controlled by Google Home
2022-01-03 12:32:58

@Brook I certainly agree! I think it should be possible to see it and control it in Google home, HomeKit and other similar smart homes. It's really really annoying to have to go separately to your app when it's not so that you try to do settings but only on or off or change marked posi

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 515

Replies: 2