C200 Connecting to HomeKit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-21 12:26:19
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hi Everyone,

My Tapo C200 camera is working properly in the Tapo App on my iPhone and I also can stream it on the rtsp link via VLC Mediaplayer. I use the camera without a micro sd-card.

But I’d like to connect my camera to HomeKit on my iPhone as well. I´ve done that before with many devices of mine, they were not compatible originally with HomeKit.

It would also be possible at C200 via Homebridge because Homebridge does have a plugin for ffmpeg cameras.

I’ve already configured the plugin in Homebridge and I’ve got personal support from Homebridge but the camera doesn’t answer. 

We had tried more different configurations soon. We achieved only that the camera icon appears in HomeKit, but the camera doesn’t answer.
My question is if the C200 camera, hardware version 1.0, firmware version 1.0.17 does have a special setup menu or some hidden settings I should try to change, disable or enable for connecting to my HomeKit app on my iPhone 11, iOS 14.3 ? What should I do to solve that problem?

Does have some   of you some experience in this topic? Did anyone already connect the C200 to HomeKit? I’d be very glad about your idea and I’m looking forward to your response.

Options

Information

Helpful: 77

Views: 6363

Replies: 0