Installing my HS220 dimmer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 04:31:56
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V2

Hello. Just purchased the HS220 dimmer. I wired it up like it should in my bedroom. However, I have the bedroom lights, hallway lights, stair lights, and bathroom lights on the same circuit. (They all are different rooms with their own separate switches, but same breaker)

I only want the dimmer to work the bedroom lights. NOT all the other lights on the circuit. (AKA the hall and bathroom lights.)

When I wired the dimmer in the bedroom I noticed 4 white neutral wires marretted together. I assume they are the neutral wired to the other lights. 

so how do I wire it so the dimmer ONLY works in the bedroom and not affect the other switches and lights??

please help!!!!  

Options
4 Reply
Re:Installing my HS220 dimmer
2021-01-27 13:25:16
Figure out which of the black wires carries incoming power. Find the black that's going to the bedroom lights. Wire all of the blacks together to the in side of the dimmer except the bedroom black. Wire the bedroom black to the dimmer output. If you have picture of the original switch wiring it will have been wired the same way, use it as a reference.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2021-01-27 20:02:47

@MikeP 

Thank you Mike. The original switch had all 3 blacks into the switch. The 3 whites were tied all together. So if I just want the bedroom light on the dimmer by itself I hook the two blacks for the hall and the bathroom, leave the black for the bedroom capped off. And hook the white of the dimmer with the other whites (neutrals), and then the green of the dimmer to ground. 

Options
2021-01-27 21:03:46

@Pops2 The 3 blacks in were probably power in and power out to the hall/bathroom tied together to the switch input (com), and power to the bedroom light from the output of the switch.

So you want power and hall/bathroom connected together to the dimmer black in.  Output of the dimmer goes to the bedroom black.  All whites to the dimmer white, and yes, ground the green.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2021-01-28 04:53:05

@MikeP 

Awesome!! Thank you Mike. Got it working. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!!!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 4

Related Articles