Diagnostics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Diagnostics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Diagnostics
Diagnostics
2021-03-26 18:00:36

I am getting frequent disconnections between two (of three) TAPO cameras (one a C100, the other a C310) and my Synology NAS running surveillance Station. Both cameras seem to indicate a good wifi signal and other devices connected to the same wifi do not seem to exhibit an disconnects.  The two cameras concerned disconnect at different times of the day, a couple of times a day and generally for less than a minute.  Given the amount of time they typically disconnect for it does not seem they are going through a re-boot/power cycle and I suspect it is simply a wifi drop out for some inexplicable reason.

I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue and want to enable the diagnostics on the cameras; both have an SD card installed.  What I cannot fathom is how I access the diagnostics that are recorded to the SD card and what form they take; there does not seem to be any means of examining any log files/diagnostics via the App.  Do I have to remove the SD card from the camera and look at the diagnostics on a PC?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Diagnostics
2021-03-27 14:01:52

@m1keg 

When you enable Diagnose in the camera settings menu, the "diagnose_log" file will be stored on the SD card. In order to see and read this file you will need to take the card out of the camera and copy it to your PC. After that you can return the SD card back to the camera. You can view the information in this log file with a Notepad.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 1

Related Articles