C310 Rebooting on Night Vision with extension cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C310 Rebooting on Night Vision with extension cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:C310 Rebooting on Night Vision with extension cable
2021-07-06 20:28:03

I just measured up and i need a extension of about half a meter! you guys reckon I will get away with the stock power supply or will I need to change the power supply to a 12v 2a?

Options
2021-07-06 22:31:06

Neilpm wrote

I just measured up and i need a extension of about half a meter! you guys reckon I will get away with the stock power supply or will I need to change the power supply to a 12v 2a?

@Neilpm 

The reason I ask is, I dont want to buy a 50cm extension to find out I need a new power supply as the power supply wont be a 3m one like the stock one which means i will have to buy a new power supply and a longer extension.

Options
2021-07-06 22:47:04

@Neilpm For this issue we need to blame TP Link. In every device they use 9v 0.6A. i have a router with the same adaptor. They need to think that people around the world use their devices like cameras in places not easily accessible by electricity.

Options
2021-08-02 19:19:33

KostasGR1980. wrote

Hello to all people to TPLink community.

I have a serious problem with my C310. Let me analyze it.

I bought camera 1 month ago to set it up to a small alleyway outside my doorstep, before do that i connect camera to my home network by wifi, check if camera working properly..

I saw an available upgrade to the firmware of camera, so i start it. after some minutes was completed, but for some reasons i was not sure that everything was ok with the upgrade.

Camera working perfect, so next day i was ready to install it, because the place i want to set it up was far away from electricity i decide to buy an extension cable for the power, 15 metres long together with the 3 metres from adaptor was 18 metres, i set it up the whole system and everything was working fine.... Until night came and i realize that camera rebooting all the time, i did factory reset without results. so i bring camera inside home next day, i use the adaptor with 3 metres cable in a dark room to check what is going on. and for a big suprise camera working fine !!!! No problems with day vision and night vision. so i decide to buy an aftermarket adaptor with 4A output because the problem seems to be that 18 metres of cable was not giving enough power for camera for night vision. so i try again, connect new adaptor (4A) with the 15 metres extension cable and for one more time camera in a dark room with the new adaptor (4A) was rebooting on night vision !!!!

So i want your opinion.

Does this happened to anyone else?

Why even the aftermarket adaptor with 4A cant give enough power for night vision in camera?

Do you believe that something go terrible wrong with the upgrade of the firmware?

The only solution i can see now is to move electricity close to the place i want to set up camera, but first i want some answers and thoughts from the community

(P.S. i will add some pics for you).

AFTERMARKET ADAPTOR 4A

15 METRES EXTENSION CABLE (MIND THE PLASTIC CANAL IS FOR RAIN PROTECTION)

MY C310 CAMERA

Thank you for the time you will spend to ready my thread

Sorry if i did something wrong with my thread

BEST REGARDS

KOSTAS

Look in settings and go to auto reboot and make sure this is switched off this should solve your problem 👍@KostasGR1980. 

Options
2021-08-02 20:32:19
I don’t think it is anything to do with the ampere rating of the power supply, whatever the amp rating of the adaptor you will have the same voltage drop at the camera end of the cable, so it will be less than 9v and even less when the camera leds are on at night. You could use as suggested a 12v adaptor but that may void warranty. I used a mains extension cable to get the power closer to the camera.
Options
2021-08-03 12:56:46

@Neilnokn I found solution no worries. Auto reboot was always Off

Options
2021-08-03 12:59:24

@MKC Problem solved with a 12V adaptor. I don't mind if I lose warranty. Mistake is on TP-Link, they use the same adaptor in many devices, routers- switclches for example.

Options
2022-01-08 22:16:04

@KostasGR1980. 

Exactly the same issue, seems to wanting to draw too much power and reboots constantly in night mode. Have swapped power unit from another working camera=same issue, so definitely the camera. Doesn't like nightmode at all 

Options
Related Articles