Not receiving camera motion notifications if phone screen has been off for a while

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not receiving camera motion notifications if phone screen has been off for a while

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 06:43:43

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a fix out there for this issue yet. Im running the latest version of Android and have a C100 with a firmware update just installed. The camera picks up movement very well as if you have the camera speaker on you can here it, the issue is the push notification to my phone if the screen has been off for a period of time. I have tried reinstalling the Tapo app and reset the camera but no joy, any suggestions appreciated, Mark

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not receiving camera motion notifications if phone screen has been off for a while
2021-08-05 08:34:28

I had the same problem (C200 camera, Android 9 app) and the last Android app update, around 1st August, seemed to have fixed the problem!

Notifications pop up and make sound even when the phone has been locked and screen off for a while!

If it doesn't work, I did do some extra things earlier: I have allowed unlimited background data and also disabled battery optimization for the Tapo app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 1

Related Articles