How to access motion detect mp4 files directly from SD card ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-24 09:06:19 - last edited 2021-05-24 09:19:52
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

How can one retrieve the motion detected video files directly from the SD card?

In the iOS Tapo app (latest version) I see that I have many dozen motion detection events for the past few weeks. I can navigate and play these directly when in the Tapo App. However, when I view the card on my mac I can only view and play the manually recorded files – i.e. there are no motion detection video files. Where are they?

For example, in the attached screen capture of my card there is only one viewable mp4 file for 20210524 (today) - this is a manually recorded video. Yet, in the Tapo App, I can view over 2 dozen motion captured events from this morning. Where are these files?

Please note also that this support page, especially the bottom section, is not very helpful:  https://www.tp-link.com/ch/support/faq/2905/

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to access motion detect mp4 files directly from SD card ?? -Solution
2021-05-24 09:19:41 - last edited 2021-05-24 09:19:52

@tb68 

OK, so after messing around with the viewable mp4 video files I now notice that each mp4 file for a certain date (i.e. 20210524_005933_tp00020.mp4) contains all of the recordings for that day, both motion detected and manually recorded. i.e. the individual recordings are concatenated into a single file for each date. 

I was expecting that each recording was saved as a separate mp4 file. The fact that all mp4 file sizes are exactly the same (268.4 MB) doesn't really help. 

In any case, I found the motion detected recordings so I'm just posting this in case someone else is confused by the file structure.  yes

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to access motion detect mp4 files directly from SD card ?? -Solution
2021-05-24 09:19:41 - last edited 2021-05-24 09:19:52

@tb68 

OK, so after messing around with the viewable mp4 video files I now notice that each mp4 file for a certain date (i.e. 20210524_005933_tp00020.mp4) contains all of the recordings for that day, both motion detected and manually recorded. i.e. the individual recordings are concatenated into a single file for each date. 

I was expecting that each recording was saved as a separate mp4 file. The fact that all mp4 file sizes are exactly the same (268.4 MB) doesn't really help. 

In any case, I found the motion detected recordings so I'm just posting this in case someone else is confused by the file structure.  yes

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Related Articles