Votes

Tapo C310: Configure static IP from the camera's settings

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread [FEATURE REQUEST] TAPO Cameras ADD STATIC IP. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-14 12:24:39 - last edited 2024-01-15 07:37:33
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Would it be possible to introduce an option to set static IP address for the C310 (and others of the same family) from the TAPO app?

I use them with Blue Iris, and so I use static DHCP IPs configured for the cameras' MAC addresses. This is ok-ish, but unfortunately I have to have the cameras connected via wifi and they are at the very edge of the range of the access point, and keep disconnecting every now and then. It would assume that Blue Iris could get reconnected to the camera faster if the camera would know its own IP address before all the DHCP hoops. Also, it'd be nice not to have my DHCP server log spammed with C310 IP lease messages all the time. cheeky

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C310: Configure static IP from the camera's settings
2021-06-21 19:50:56

Honestly, we need this. DHCP servers are not reliable.

I have 5 cameras and use rtsp to record 24/7. Everytime a random disconnect happens, from power shortage or whatever, half of the cameras cant reconnect to the correct IPs. I end up having to reboot the router more than once to make it work.

Options
Re:Tapo C310: Configure static IP from the camera's settings
2021-06-26 14:02:25

@BassJohn 

hey man not to me noisy but a few tips from my end. 

because your devices are far off, your DHCP requests are not working properly, loss of connection/signal interrupts the process. 

my recommendation is to set static IP's in your DHCP server (usually your ISP modem). and if you set the DHCP renew/lease time to a very long time, the TAPO device should not periodically ask for new lease/IP from the dhcp :) 

also you should defo consider a range extender :) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 7854

Replies: 2