Tapo C110 loses connectivity (possibly due to failing to respond to DHCP offers) - intermittent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C110 loses connectivity (possibly due to failing to respond to DHCP offers) - intermittent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-25 08:30:29
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello,

I have a new set of 3 Tapo C110 cameras and 5 smart plugs P100 for a few days now.

I am having a fault which has knocked over all cameras for most of the day yesterday, making them unusable. It is an intermittent fault and I cannot be sure of the reason and I have no way to trigger the issue.

Essentially the cameras go into a mode whereby they don't pick up DHCP and remain on their default IP address of 192.168.0.10 which is problematic for 2 reasons - the network range is not 192.168.0.0/24 and multiple devices on the same IP address won't work on the same range.

All devices connect to the wireless network without problems. The above issue does not happen to the smart plugs which connect to the same wireless network.

I have observed the network traffic and can see that DHCP requests are issued from the devices, sometimes with mention of the previously used IP (as expected), but the DHCP offers coming from the server are not actioned - all devices remain issuing broadcast DHCP requests.

I have enabled debugging info which I am collecting and waiting for the issue to trigger itself again.

The fact that the smartplugs connect to the same network don't have this issue suggests an issue on the firmware, yet I have no way to be sure as I have no access.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 0

Related Articles