Notifications don't work in Adroid app when phone screen off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-15 09:26:40
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi,

Tapo are nice looking products and app, and good intended functionality too.

But for me the main feature doesn't work: I do not get instant notifications about motion detection when the Android phone screen is off.

I have tested with two phones, Nokia 8/Android 9 and Samsung A71/Android 11 and the same problem:

Notifications are generated by the camera but the app doesn't deliver them instantly, but only when I take the phone from my pocket and unlock it, then the notifications come.

Notifications are though delivered well when I tested with the app on iOS, so I guess the problem resides 100% with the Android app, not the camera.

I work with IT and I have gone through all the possible settings on my Android: reset phone/camera, reset app preferences, no battery saver, no battery optimization for the Tapo-app, background data enabled for Tapo-app all the time, all pemissions granted, no Do-Not-Disturb mode etc.

But other apps on the phone, like WhatsApp, Calendar etc. deliver notifications very well, so I wonder what the problem is? Does the Tapo-app need an update, or are there other things I should do?

Thanks,

/George

Options
1 Reply
Re:Notifications don't work in Adroid app when phone screen off
2021-08-05 08:29:43

The last Android app update, around 1st August, seemed to have fixed the problem!

Notifications pop up and make sound even when the phone is locked and screen is off!

Well done!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles