New router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New router
New router
2021-08-20 21:24:36

Hey guys silly question, are you supposed to take the cling film stuff off the aerials? I started to but it's well and truly stuck on. 

Thanks all 

Options
7 Reply
Re:New router
2021-08-20 23:16:35

@Staffo 

Yes, while it won't hurt anything if the film is left on, it certainly looks nicer after it's been peeled off.

You have to find the true "end" of the wrapped film and once you've got a grip on it with your fingernails, then it should be relatively easy to peel it off. (similar to a roll of clear Scotch tape that doesn't have a peel tab anymore)

Options
2021-08-20 23:20:26
Many thanks for your reply it was proving very difficult to get off I started to think maybe it's meant to stay on.
Options
2021-08-23 07:33:52

@Staffo 

Sorry to jump in, are you talking about the cling film on the antenna of a wireless router? What's the model of it? If possible, can we have a picture of the antenna?

As woozle suggested, we also assume there will be no much difference whether the film is on of off. You may leave it on if it's hard to get it off.

Options
2021-08-23 11:25:41

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, it's the archer c80 with 4 aerials I've just left the aerial protection covering on (I'm assuming that's what it is) it's certainly working fine. I can sort a photo later. 

John 

Options
2021-08-23 11:55:31

@Staffo 

Thank you, John. I got an Archer C80, and it seems not hard to get off the film as I can confirm.laugh

Anyway, you can leave it as it is if it's not easy to remove the film on your device, be careful if you still want to get it off, don't pull it too hard as it may damage the aerial.

Options
2021-08-23 13:59:52

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for all the help guys. 

Can I ask another question whilst here regarding the c80 tether app. In the connected clients list I've named me and my sons android phones but every time I open the app it says 'unknown' rather than our names which I saved. Weird 🤔

Options
2021-08-26 02:22:38

@Staffo 

Where did you change the device names on the Tether app? Can we have some screenshots? You can mask/cover the MAC address for it. What if you do that via the router web GUI? Will it be saved correctly?

BTW, what's the Tether app version and the phone OS version, please? We will confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 594

Replies: 7

Related Articles