Tapo C200 V2, no audio in ONVIF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 08:26:39
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

I have a new Tapo C200 V2, updated to 'latest' firmware 1.1.9

I am attempting to use it with Nx Witness VMS, using ONVIF

I can stream via RTSP without issue, however with ONVIF, it appears that the camera does not return the audio source and encoder information to Nx Server, so the server considers the camera does not support audio functions

It appears that other users are successfully using the C200 with firmware 1.1.11 with 2-way audio - I wonder if these are actually V1, or is there a newer firmware version for the V2 hardware ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 V2, no audio in ONVIF
2021-09-10 11:32:55

@gsmithsa  Hello, 

We have an FAQ that may help,  please check *What if the recorded videos have no sound?*

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2905/

Can you share some details how to use play the video on Nx Witness VMS, you could share a photo of it. May I have a link of the software or your current software version. 

It is also recommended to contact Nx Network support and check if their software support the codec that the video used.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1168

Replies: 1

Related Articles