Half of my Kasa Smart switches won't connect to my new TP Link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 03:03:40 - last edited 2021-09-18 01:08:46

Replaced my eero router setup with an AX11000 (yes, the big dog TP Link).  I set it up with all the same settings as my eero.  Half of my Kasa switches took to the new router with no issue.  The other half, nope.  Did the 5 second reset and now they just blink green and amber WiFi.  

It's not a distance issue, as the further ones from the router are all connected fine.  Is there an easy fix?  I'm about to take this router back as it has a more serious issue that may not be fixable (DHCP issue when trying to use my Pi-hole server as my DNS...have another thread open on that).  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Half of my Kasa Smart switches won't connect to my new TP Link router-Solution
2021-09-16 12:46:37 - last edited 2021-09-18 01:08:46

I got up this morning and only 4 switches were not working; all were 3-way switches.  I ended up doing a hard reset on all four to get them working.

A little disappointed.  I mean, I even moved to a router of the same brand.  Oh well, works now.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Half of my Kasa Smart switches won't connect to my new TP Link router-Solution
2021-09-16 12:46:37 - last edited 2021-09-18 01:08:46

I got up this morning and only 4 switches were not working; all were 3-way switches.  I ended up doing a hard reset on all four to get them working.

A little disappointed.  I mean, I even moved to a router of the same brand.  Oh well, works now.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 1