5 min timeout for streaming??? Bad design.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 09:30:43
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.10

Hey guys, I know there are a bunch of threads with people complaining about the 2~5 minute timeout while streaming cameras to devices. So here's mine.

Actually, my timeout is 5 minutes for some reason - and I've seen the responses from Tapo that claim streaming is uninterrupted if you are connected to the same wifi network - this is untrue in my case as I am definitely connected to the same wifi as the camera is and the 5 minute timeout still pops up (then I even need to refresh after that!).

So, let's troubleshoot this Tapo. Please do NOT tell me to use 3rd party software (like I've seen in other threads) - I may decide to do that on my own, but instructing your customers to use random 3rd party software creates a liability for YOU, and is incredibly unprofessional.

A camera timeout that you cannot turn off on a security/monitoring camera is one of the worst software design decisions I've ever heard of. This needs to be resolved ASAP guys.

An additional question - do you plan on releasing a desktop version of the monitoring software?

Cheers,

Kin

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 425

Replies: 0