Recording on SD Card while Wi-Fi / Internet is unavailable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 21:19:07 - last edited 2021-10-03 21:22:35
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a few Tapo C200 Cameras, but before I buy these I had a few questions for any long term users here, based on what I read on internet.

I understand that Wifi / Internet is required for Tapo C200 setup and for some functions to access the camera using the app.

1. If I have an internet outage for a few hours, will my Tapo C200 continue to record on SD Card when internet / wifi is not available?
  2. During an internet outage, will I be able to view Tapo C200 live stream on local network via rstp?
  3. How long does camera take with a Samsung Evo 128GB SD Card to initialize post reboot, some of the reviews said it can take up to 5 minutes with SD Card.
  4. Is there any noise from the camera when Night Mode is activated, some people have complained about humming sound once IR is activated.
  5. Can Tapo C200 be configured to record on NVR from 3rd Party like Hikvision, CP Plus, etc?
  6. Is Tapo C210 for 1.5x price of C200 worth considering over C200?

If you have answer for any of these questions please share your thoughts and experiences, it will be really helpful in making my decision.

Regards,

Mo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 0