hs200 light does not turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 17:11:56
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

All connections made as requested but the light does not light up when I turn on the switch

Options
4 Reply
Re:hs200 light does not turn on
2021-10-19 17:15:24

oups... I forgot to say that the connection to my network is working. The switch is connected to the kasa app.

Options
2021-10-20 00:57:05

@yvan2021 Almost certainly a wiring problem.  The picture is helpful, but what you really need to do is trace the wires to make sure they're connected to what you expect.  Red often indicates a 3-way circuit.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2021-10-20 21:01:12

@MikeP Thank you for your reply. The previous switch was a programmable one (but not wi-fi) and it worked perfectly with this wiring.
Too many people on this forum have the same problem with this switch so I sent it back to amazon.

Options
2021-10-20 22:18:47

@yvan2021 

Sounds like a good plan if you can't get it to work.
The wiring is easy - neutral, line in, load, and the HS200 is a simple mechanical relay.  Hard to go wrong - if it doesn't work it can only be wiring or the switch is broken (which isn't often but I'm sure happens).

Too many think because a mechanical switch works or even a non-smart switch works they understand home wiring.  But the truth is wiring is not always straight forward - often it's power through fixture wiring or a 3 way circuit, neither of which work with the HS200.  Having a red wire in the circuit is a big red flag...  the most common explanation is that it's the last switch in a 3 way circuit.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options