Wildly inaccurate readings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 03:46:14
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

My HS300 is providing wildly inaccurate energy usage. Orders of magnitude from what is possible.

Presently, the app claims that my router is consuming 3746w when the maximum power of the device is 33w. My NAS is showing 3609w, when it has a maximum power of 80w. My NUCs are reading 4508w, despite having only a 24w power supply. Total consumption today for my max 120w computer in the app shows 26.65 Megawatt hours. 

My entire house is drawing 1,167 watts, but the power strip believes that it alone is using 15,000 watts and more.

I was disappointed when I learned that all of the in-wall plugs lacked power monitoring. I am outraged and blame myself for buying a $60 power strip that does not read even close to usable numbers. 

How can I make the powerstrip read appropriately?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wildly inaccurate readings
2021-10-26 03:51:20

Additionally, one of the six plugs reads 742 watts and there is nothing plugged into that port

Options
2021-10-26 16:24:55

After reset, device still reads plugs using 3kw-5kw, despite a meter showing that the entire strip is providing less than 200w.

oulets with nothing plugged in read 4kw current usage.

Options
2021-10-27 02:32:56

Hey@scalar_volume 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we have a beta firmware for the concern, please check my PM and let me know if that help fix the problem

Options
2021-10-27 04:45:15

@Solla-topee do you mean the message where you suggest that I use the non-publicly available beta firmware, for a known issue, that is not anywhere in the FAQ or listed in any help page?

Do you have a publicly accessible and verifiable method of obtaining the firmware? Who is chenjianfeng?

Why was the file named Upgrade_Instruction_HS300_US_V2_fix the _power_consumption_issue when it is not specifically for "the power consumption issue"?

Finally, do you run a bug bounty program? There are a LOT of issues here as far as security is concerned.

Options
2021-10-27 08:26:56 - last edited 2021-10-27 08:32:11

@scalar_volume  The beta I shared with you is for HS300 V2 inaccurate statistics of energy usage.

I'm afraid we do not have a particular website to access the beta publicly, the beta firmware are shared to our customers through support email by technical support or through private message by official moderator on forum. The beta will be tested by QA team first but may still has some unknown issue. If beta helps fix the issue,  we will consider make it an official one or fix it in the next release of firmware. We do not have a ' bug bounty' program either. 

If you need, I could share the beta again through support email, feel free to let me if you have any concerns. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 5

Related Articles