TP link switch connected and working but other lights in house don't turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-27 21:13:59
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I purchased the TP link switch for my apartment and got it installed correctly, however none of the other lights (that have the dumb switch) in that section of my house will turn for some unknown reason. The orginal dumb switch was connected with 3 and there was a white ground wire in the back. I know i've wired everything correctly as the light turns on and works but I have not the faintest clue why the other lights don't work. I've searched the entire web and no good answers have come up. Any help would be amazing!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP link switch connected and working but other lights in house don't turn on
2021-10-28 13:56:22

@ThisGeekRyan Sounds like you didn't keep all of the black line wires together, only the black load wire to the light should be separate on the switch.  The other blacks go on to send power to the other switches in your apartment.

White is called neutral and it's definitely not ground which is green or bare copper - do not connect white to either of those.

You might be able to get it sorted but your wisest/safest course would be to call in an electrician.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:TP link switch connected and working but other lights in house don't turn on
2021-11-02 19:14:41

@ThisGeekRyan It happens to me when I call switch as "Kitchen" or "Master Bedroom" - these name are reserved, so try to rename as "Kitchen Light" for example. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 2