Unable to view camera over Mobile network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-28 08:41:07
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.11

Viewing over the home WiFi network, in which the Camera is ,  is good.

However when tried to view over Mobile network it does not work and keeps waiting.   Right now the Camera is connected over an extender and it has to work in that location only. 

I have seen many such complaints on this forum but apart from the check router / reset / check signal / change DNS and some such basic remedies nothing tangible seem to be there. 

In fact if the Camera does not work over mobile network, its then time to return it. 

Where is the issue ? 

Options
9 Reply
Re:Unable to view camera over Mobile network
2021-10-28 12:13:21

Hello @MogaRaghu 

If camera used to work fine before, please reboot camera first. 

Can you help collect the log of camera, so we could look into the issue further. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

May I know the model of router and extender,  and your network map?  Were you able to access the camera remotely through the extender?  

Options
2021-10-29 04:51:17
Yes I can connect via Extender Netgear EX6110 AC1200 The router is model D Link 850L. And both Parentl controls and Firewalls are off. And when I see the web this model seems to have this issue many times. Will it work at all remotely ? ( I am busy right now. Will try to take the diagnostic log shortly. Anyway I have time till 2 Nov to return the product. )
Options
2021-10-29 06:28:07

@MogaRaghu 

Log file attached for study and suggestion

File:
diagnose_log.txtDownload
Options
2021-10-29 09:11:37 - last edited 2021-10-29 09:17:34

Hello @MogaRaghu  

Thank you very much also for providing the log, yes, we can see that there are different cases about camera remote control issues, but some of them are solved by trying different troubleshooting steps, in further troubleshooting some are approved to be related to firewalls, DNS settings or some other factors. So far none of them has been considered  as a known issue. 

We appreciated your time for collect log, unfortunately the log file is pretty short we could not find useful information.   If you got some extra time, you could reboot camera, wait camera to boots up completely stable on, then enable Diagnostic and collect the log at least for 5mins when camera is running.  I will also create a support ticket for you to follow up your case through email, please check your inbox later. 

Options
2021-10-29 10:17:55
Hi @Solla-topee Thanks for escalating the issue. But maybe it will work as once I was able to view over my Mobile network. I then checked the RSSI value and it was -67. So looks like my Extender signal strength is got a problem. What is the range of signal strength required for a reliable viewing from remote ?
Options
2021-10-29 10:19:46

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for escalating the issue.

But just now for once I could view it over my mobile network.  Of course it took long to connect. 

I thn checked the signal strength. It was -67 RSSI.  

What is the range of signal strength for a good connection ?

Options
2021-10-29 11:30:36

@MogaRaghu 

-67dBm is still acceptable, signal strength lower than -68dBm may cause poor experience and that is pretty close. 

If reminds me that if your extender use the same SSID with router, camera may roam between router and extender, and go offline sometimes especially when signal is not that strong. If possible, please put camera closer. 

Options
2021-10-30 06:03:43
@Solla-topee 1. Tried to move to a network of a different router after a Reset. Configuration OK. Signal strength -31. Viewing over the same network is good. 2. Still when tried to view over Mobile data , camera just logs on line, but View is frozen.
Options
2021-11-01 07:13:43

@MogaRaghu 

Just noticed one aspect. Just out of curiosity, tried to check if it works with an Android phone ( Android Version 8 ) . It works without any issue. I can view in both local wifi and remote mode over Mobile data.

So obviously my router / internet bandwidth are all fine. Just that that app on the iPhone is an issue. 

Not sure how many have noticed this fact.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 9

Related Articles