New to Smart Bulbs!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New to Smart Bulbs!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New to Smart Bulbs!
New to Smart Bulbs!
2021-11-09 20:29:03
Model: LB110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, I have two ceiling lights in my living room - both connected via the same switch. Last week, I installed one Smart Bulb (the LB110 model) that I had had in my cupboard for many months! I was happy with the smooth installation and the way it works with Alexa, so purchased another Kasa Smart Bulb (the KL50 model) for the second light. This time, I could not complete the installation (it wouldn't 'blink') despite following the various suggestions by customer service. However, it did successfully install in my hallway! Therefore, the consensus is that it is the light fitting that is at fault - I tested this by moving the pre-installed Smart Bulb to the 2nd location and - hey presto - it wouldn't work, and nor would a 'normal' bulb.

This is a long-winded way of asking....has anyone come across issues where installing one Smart Bulb can cause the failure of a 2nd electric light fitment on the same switch? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:New to Smart Bulbs!
2021-11-11 15:50:51

@Mitramonday 
May I ask you, do you have a property insurance? If not, it is maybe a good time to purchase it if it is electrical and not wifi issue.

Options
2021-11-11 16:17:34

@Yokushka - thank you for the suggestion! I do indeed have property insurance, although I wonder if an electrician would actually cost more than the 'excess' that I have to pay for each claim?! Something to look into I guess... 

Options
2021-11-12 16:11:30

@Mitramonday 
My apologies for my comment about insurance, but it is really dangerous to have electrical problem at home. 
It looks like support is right, you have an issue with your chandelier, which is electrical and not bulb related. 
Also please note, smart bulbs are not very strong on wifi. From my experience one bulb could work fine in the same socket and another would not.

I have up to 3 KL125 on the same switch without any electrical related issue - all of them work fine in the same group in kassa app.

Options
2021-11-12 20:50:19

@Yokushka Please don't apologise - I wasn't offended by your comment about home insurance! Quite the contrary, I wouldn't have thought about it had you not mentioned it! And thank you also for your insight about how you have 3 Kasa bulbs on one switch with no problem. It seems I need to call an electrician/my insurance company, sooner rather than later!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 4

Related Articles