c200 moving by itself + subscribing to cloud service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-13 05:20:06 - last edited 2022-05-18 02:53:57
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.4.44

i chose the free tapocare testversion (1month) so what's after a month ? some services automatically upgrade to a full subsciption and others will not which is the case i cannot see any info on this

after all worked fine for 2days , after that it started to behaving on its own...:

the cam is moving paning to the most right by itself btw, you cannot steer it then, i tried to w the app but it will only shorty hint at a pan to the left and then go back to the very right position....also zooming in wildly at another time i checked, so pretty weird stuff, i updated firmware + rebooting the cam (by remote app function)

some reviewers on amazon w similar stuff suggested it was hacked, another said the chinese spy on the cam feed... (since i guess the live stream sent from local network via connection to internet >eg  tapo servers >  to your smartphone ) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:c200 moving by itself + subscribing to cloud service
2021-11-16 10:19:16 - last edited 2021-11-16 10:19:41

Hello @r.23-_harms 

Thank you for your detailed feedback,  the camera behaviour could be related to Motion Tracking a feature in Tapo Care.

Please check if you have enabled Motion tracking : Tapo APP-> Camera settings-> Motion Tracking 

1.  Tapo camera communicates with the server using advanced encryptions which helps protect the camera. And only users who know the camera account details could access or control the camera. For the concern, you could also reset the tp-link account password. If you still observe anything unusual, we encourage reaching our local support team to navigate further. 

2.  Each camera has a one-month free trial of Tapo Care. After the trial, users need to subscribe to continue to enjoy Tapo Care

You could learn more about Tapo Care service here:   General Questions about Tapo Care 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3405

Replies: 1

Related Articles