C110 pink screen tinge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C110 pink screen tinge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C110 pink screen tinge
C110 pink screen tinge
2022-01-22 21:32:13
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi Guys, let me say first off that I am delighted with the Tapo range, I have c110, c200 and c310 and the picture quality is great so much better than a year ago when I last looked at the vastly overprices poor quality systems.  These cameras are now in the budget range and easy to set up once you are a TP Tapo ID holder. You need an internet connection to log all cameras in on the same network ssid.

So first I found that my new C110 would get recognised using my Lenovo tablet (Android 7) but I eventually twigged that I had to use my original Moto smart phone used to set up my TP Tapo ID account then it was a breeze

TP please warn customers

Second I had a surprise when I wanted to mount my C110 vertically from ceiling.  It powered up showing and unusable pink tinge screen

Digging around I found this is a common problem for CCTVs and relates to the IR filter that flick in under daylight - this was stuck in night vision which was fine as bnw but daytime i had a pink tinge

nothing I did would change this power off reset etc

so I mounted it back as table top version and the problem went away after flipping between day/night settings a few times

Is this a limitation? - which is odd for an indoor camera which might logically be mounted on ceiling?

I also read that this stuck filter problem can get worse in cold weather say 0C.  Ive mounted mine in a porch - does the job and is sheltered from rain

Any advice on this

They are such good value I was going to get some more £25

I also think these might be made weather resistant with some elect tape over the SD card slot - bit naughty

Otherwise a happy camper

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 1685

Replies: 0

Related Articles