Tapo motion detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo motion detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo motion detection
Tapo motion detection
2022-01-22 22:48:07

I guess id there was a common cause of disastisfaction it would be with the motion alert system.  Its fussy and gives way to many false alerts

theres only 3 settingd for sensitivity low med and high

The damn thing kept pinging me every 5 mins and I couldnt turn the sound off.  even with the tablet volumn off - wierd.  In then end i fudged the notofication so it only alerted me once a week for 1 minute on Saturday morning and the noise stopped

What I have now on the memory playback is odd?  Can anyone explain.  I get a band of blue bar punctuated with orange motion alert passages almost at 5 min intervals?

The area control rectangle you can set across the viewing area doesnt seem to work properly. I am still messing with this system

Has anyone had any reasonable success with this - what did you do?

btw I am not a subscriber so no AI or other advanced features. I am a private house not a business so cant justify the cost.

Maybe there a proper explanation for it somewhere?

I was thinking anyway that these vid frame checking stsems dont work reliably and maybe the old fashioned IR PIR sensors are the way to go, after all my system is for intruder alert

I am experimenting with separate infrared flood lights to use the PIRs (they dont seem to combine this feature except at an exorbitant price)

Does anyone know of an alert logging system for these sensors?  I could cross check the time stamp with the video in the event of an incident.  As the video records 24/7 less danger of a missed alert whereas there is ca 1sec delay in live viewing

Anyone know haw the memory overwrite system works?

confused camper

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 0

Related Articles