FWIW making a c210 weather resistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-25 05:27:12 - last edited 2022-01-25 05:38:24
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The C210 is a great value ptz cam but clearly restricted to indoor use - the rain would get inside the works quickk enough BUT I tried using a high temp food bag (PET?)  and it works fine on daylight mode completely xparent and clear no blurring BUT it doesnt do well on niight viz with IR self reflection glare = thats work in hand

But I aim to cover the unit and stick it on a flat exposed roof on the understanding its my risk. Note I havent tied down the bag properly yet  - any wisdom here, could be a great hack if it could be made to work - maybe blank off the internal IR and use an external IR flood light - work in handlaugh  When you think that equivaltn quality IP66 PTZ can cost from£35 - Amazon rubbish to £100. £200 + from other?

OBTW I found that the C110 makes a great porch (protected) door cam - what a bargain - especially as you can restrict the view (vignette with an 8mm washer) to minimise false alarms will send pic - warning dont turn it upside down the IT filter jams.  I use mine in BnW night mode for more reliable motion recording - its a blastyes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 0

Related Articles