Ks230 kit no TP-Link_ wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-31 03:56:18
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Trying to setup my KS230. The master and slave are wired. Master is flashing orange/green but never shows a TP-LINK_Smart Plug_XXXX network available. This results in a never ending cycle of trying to connect, failing, try again, checking iOS settings for available wifi. 
Because I can’t connect to wireless I can not update the switch firmsware or do anything to add it to the Kasa app. 

How do I get the TP-LINK_ networks to show up??

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ks230 kit no TP-Link_ wireless
2022-02-06 14:16:01

@RyanV 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Please press and hold for about 10s until Wi-Fi light starts flashing amber to restore your switch to factory default settings.

After reset, if you still can't see KS230 default Wi-Fi, please refer to the below picture to check your KS230 wiring.

Options
Re:Ks230 kit no TP-Link_ wireless
2022-02-06 14:41:54

@Solla-topee 

thanks for the follow up. I've tried the 10 second reset multiple times.  It resets to flashing orange and green but never a wifi network. 

in fact I have two boxes of the kit so I tried swapping out the master with the second one and the exact same wiring and it works fine, was able to connect to wifi right away, uodate firmware no problem and it's working as expected.

I then try putting the first one back again exactly the same wiring and 10 second hold reset multiple times and still never any wifi. 

I think this shows the wiring was always correct and in fact the first master switch is faulty. 

what are the next steps?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 992

Replies: 2

Related Articles