sunrise triggers 90 minutes early

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 06:39:02

today, and only today, you decided suntise was 90 minutes too soon in the uk causing all schedules to be wrong

will you be knackering things tomorrow morning also?

Options
6 Reply
Re:sunrise triggers 90 minutes early
2022-02-16 00:50:56

@Ricky666   Hello Ricky, 

The sunset/ sunrise time information is based on the device time zone: 

1- Kasa app-Time Settings- sync the time for smart device: 

How to Adjust Time Setting in the Kasa APP

2- Confirm you could control smart plug remotely  when phone is on LTE mobile data

If the same, can I know at what time the sunrise happen in your case, can I have a photo of the device time settings? 

Options
2022-02-16 02:08:12 - last edited 2022-02-16 02:10:14

@Solla-topee 

1. ok. it was correct but i did it again.

2. i don't have LT data. only 5g. but it works.

no you can't see my settings. if me setting settings can mean they are not properly set should you not fix that 1st?

and then answer my question:

if sunrise for my correctly set, always functioning sunrise trigger runs 2 hours early for 1 day - how do i find out if you intend to change the shape of our planet the next day

always worked

sunrise in real life 8am

says 8am in kasa as when it will run

location correct

device time correct

runs at 6 30am

my question is simple:

do you plan to invent a fictional sunrise later today also, so that i can plan ahead?

Options
2022-02-22 08:18:04 - last edited 2022-02-22 08:28:35

Hello   @Ricky666 

The kasa device gets the Sunrise/ Sunset time from the time-server.  That's not a time we could make up, and actually the exact sunrise time in a certain location is unknown to us.

May I know does the sunrise take affect at 6:30 on certain plug, or all the smart plugs? If it happens on certain device: 

• Factory reset that plug by pressing the reset button for more than 5 sec and set it up on the APP again. 
  • Confirm Kasa APP and device firmware are both up to date 

Can you help confirm some information here, thank you: 

1) Mac address of Kasa device  (please share by private message )

2) does the sunrise happen on every one Kasa device, or only 1 plug?

3) a photo of Device time ( Device settings-> Time Zone) & Kasa APP Location & Time (Sync Location time)

Options
2022-02-22 08:34:11

@Solla-topee everything has bern fine apart from the one day

i know already the information you are telling me...

i have no problem with my devices or how they connect to your time servers...

my question is, still:

do you plan on randomly changing the time on your servers again because it makes my sunset routines trigger at the wrong time

Options
2022-02-22 09:05:16 - last edited 2022-02-22 09:08:04

Hello @Ricky666 

Glad to  know that everything is fine right now, the sunrise time comes from some reliable time-servers, that can't be changed by us. 

If it just happened once, it is possible a certain plug does not get time correctly, probably because it was offline from internet and schedule settings take effect as the device incorrect time.

Options
2022-02-22 17:05:53

@Solla-topee it wasn't offline. can you please answer the question: do you plan to change the time on your time servers again in the future? and if so - when and by how much?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 6