Can't view Cloud video recordings via internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-18 11:44:37 - last edited 2022-03-08 03:00:29
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.13

I have a  mixture of C100 and C310. Have subscribed to Cloud video. To start with all recordings were visible. Now I can see thumbnails but almost always I cannot view the videos. The black screen simply says refresh. It is same for all the cameras at the same time i.e. all are visible or all are not. I assume the problem is not at the property as videos are cloud stored.

Weirdly videos are visible if I use 4G wifi rather than broadband

All suggestions gratefully received.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't view Cloud video recordings via internet -Solution
2022-03-07 09:42:40 - last edited 2022-03-08 03:00:29

Hello  @Solla-topee  I disconnected and reconnected and set up all the cameras again and the problem is now solved. Thank you for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Can't view Cloud video recordings via internet
2022-02-22 02:30:44 - last edited 2022-03-04 02:38:54

Hello @Patatin 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

Do you mean the cloud videos could load correct when phone is on LTE mobile network, but reports ' refresh' when phone is connected to home Wi-Fi network?

- confirm Tapo APP &  camera firmware is up-to-date

- try a different phone if you got one 

-  check if router firewall block any tp-link domain/ request of camera, try to adjust router firewall settings 

Can you help confirm some case details here  1). a photo of error & a video link showing the issue 2). router model and network topology .e.g ISP XX-- Router Archer C7 <wireless>tapo camera 3) model of phone and its IOS or Andriod version ; tapo app version 4) please share the mac address of camera by private message , thank you 

Options
2022-02-22 07:34:18

@Solla-topee Thank you for your reply. I'll go through what you suggest and come back if I still have problems

Options
2022-03-02 08:21:00

Hello  @Solla-topee I have now checked your suggestions:

1 - Yes, the cloud video load correctly when the phone is on normal 4G mobile network but reports "refresh" when the phone is connected to home wi-fi network

2 - App and camera firmware are up to date

3 - I've tried it with an iPad and there is no difference

4 - I've tried it in a different house with different home wi-fi

5 - I'm afraid I don't know how to check the router firewall (I assume you mean the router at the house where the camera are?

I'll send the rest of your request by private message

Thank you

Options
2022-03-04 03:22:19 - last edited 2022-03-04 03:35:30

Hello   @Patatin 

Got the information you shared! 

• To help isolate the issue,  for your network :  ISP router - Deco Mesh system, please  bypass the Deco and connect one camera directly to ISP Wi-Fi router and see if the camera could access the cloud videos? 
  • May I double confirm the ISP and network map: e.g ISP Orange Livebox router model XX --Deco M9 --Deco M9 <wireless >Tapo
  • You could attach a photo showing the issue on the forum or on the support email below. 

The issue seemed to  relate to the home network environment, it is possible that  ISP or routers blocked the port/ service that camera using to access cloud videos, to better assist your case, we would like to escalate your case through support email  TKID220303830, please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
Re:Can't view Cloud video recordings via internet -Solution
2022-03-07 09:42:40 - last edited 2022-03-08 03:00:29

Hello  @Solla-topee  I disconnected and reconnected and set up all the cameras again and the problem is now solved. Thank you for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-08 03:08:08 - last edited 2022-03-08 11:51:39

@Patatin Glad to hear that camera Cloud videos works fine right now after you reinstall the cameras 

Thank you for updating solution here in the community~

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1142

Replies: 6

Related Articles