Tapo Smart Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo Smart Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo Smart Camera
Tapo Smart Camera
2022-03-15 09:43:02 - last edited 2022-04-28 09:22:15

Hi

I have just started using Home bridge for my small setup and I have gotten everything setup fine so far except for my Tapo P100 smart plug. It periodically shows a ‘371 Error: time-out of 2000ms exceeded’. When it does that I have no response in Home bridge or the Home app. When restarting Home bridge it works fine for a little while. I have tried different update times in the plug-in and none are working. The plug also has a static IP echat.date on my router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Smart Camera
2022-03-15 10:51:01

I'm gonna try to be as clear as i can, my situation is the following. My ISP doesn't provide a public IP that i can connect to directly, so if use an android phone as IP Cam and try to connect directly to it from outside my home wifi, there is no way to forward the necessary ports. They don't even offer control over the router to enable DMZ or some other possible solutions.

So, my question is, does the Tapo C200 streams to a tp-link server when you access the feed through the app, or the app just gives you a direct connection to the local ip (which in my case, wouldn't work).

I'm really tempted to buy one but it wouldn't make much sense if i can't access it when i'm not home :/ and i couldn't find anything online regarding something this specific.

I was also looking at the "Mi Security Camera 360", but i have the exact same doubts about it. (i chose those 2 cams because there aren't many other models available in my country).

Thanks in advance!

Options