Samsung EVO Select Micro SD card not formatting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 18:57:47
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I wondered if anyone has managed to successfully initialize/format a 128GB Samsung EVO Select SDXC micro SD card in the Tapo app for use with a C210 camera please?

I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions on the forum (unplugging the camera, removing the micro SD card several times) but it just won't initialize/format.  

I did an online chat with Tapo today who said that the Samsung card isn't suitable for continuous recording usage, but I have read reviews on Amazon where people have used Samsung micro SD cards with the camera, so I'm confused!

Tapo say:

"The following types of microSD cards are supported on Tapo C110/C210 and Kasa KC400/KC410S

microSDHC (8 GB - 32 GB)
microSDXC (64 GB – 256 GB)"

There's no mention of Samsung not being compatible.

Annoyingly, the cards allowed me to initialize/format them to begin with, but now I keep getting notifications asking me to initialize them again.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Samsung EVO Select Micro SD card not formatting
2022-04-30 13:25:20

@AyeAye Not all the SD Cards are suitable for write and rewrite in a camera ,I noticed in dashcam and security cameras, some recommends  using a high enduration sd  card in camera, not sure if that will help in your case.

Options
Re:Samsung EVO Select Micro SD card not formatting
2022-05-09 03:05:42

I also have problem with Samsung Micro SD 128G Evo. It cannot continues record.  When memory full and set up repeat record it cannot. C210 notification please format card. I try to format it also cannot format.  Then i replace new card Sandisk it no problem.  Please update frimeware too.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1597

Replies: 2

Related Articles