Unable to record more than 17-21 seconds of Playback on Tapo android app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 23:27:57
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi

I have two Tapo C200 cameras.

Using the Tapo app on my Android tablet, I was able to record notable segments of playback (average 5 mins recordings) which will then appear in the Memory tab.  But lately, on both cameras, any recordings longer than 17 seconds (sometimes up to 21 seconds) don't record at all to the Memory tab.  When I press record in the Playback then stop the recording, I usually see an end of recording animation but this now only shows if recording is less than 17 seconds. My tablet has 50gb of free storage so that is not an issue.

Troubleshooting steps so far:

Cleared all videos from the memory in case there was any limit for that.

Cleared App cache 

Uninstalled the app then re-installed it.

None of the above resolves the issue.

Appreciate help in to restore the ability to record longer segments of playback.  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to record more than 17-21 seconds of Playback on Tapo android app.
2022-05-11 01:19:08 - last edited 2022-05-11 01:20:32

Hello   @IamTJ 

Thank you for the valuable feedback. 

• Please first check the path of downloaded video clips in Memory tab on the phone, usually from ' Download' ' File' folder make sure it has enough storage and works fine (move some videos to it and file could accept that)
  • Try a different mobile device to save video and see if that makes any difference

If still the same, try to enable Diagnostics mode, reproduce the issue and save the camera log by private message (share via Google Drive one drive etc) How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Please also help provide some information here 1) Model of Andriod device and its Andriod version 2) APP version 3) share a video showing clips does not saved properly or any screenshot of the error 

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1533

Replies: 1

Related Articles