Full compatibility between Tapo camera and VIGI NVR1008H

2022-06-20 07:26:03
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello !

Despite there are both TP-Link products Tapo C320WS and Vigi NVR1008H compatibility is bad !

Only standard detection is detected by the NVR and zones must be configured in the Tapo App not in the NVR.

No possibility to activate or desactivate the light for color night in the NVR and in the Vigi App.

Tapo app must be used for light but Tapo app can't be used to playback, it works only with SD card !

Options
19 Reply
Re:Full compatibility between Tapo camera and VIGI NVR1008H
2022-06-21 01:07:28

Hello   @jvachez 

Thank you for starting a feature request thread! Tapo camera supports the standard ONVIF Profile S) and RTSP protocol , so it could work with the NVR devices and use some features based on ONVIF and RTSP like Video streaming, Recording, Pan/Tilt etc.

You might notice VIGI and Tapo are in  two echosystems, VIGI NVR software are designed particularly for business level  VIGI surveillance cameras, not Tapo . To use the featured functions, it is recommended to use Tapo APP.

Btw, you should be able to use Playback on surveillance software if the NVR has stored the recordings.

Options
2022-06-21 07:04:44 - last edited 2022-06-21 07:09:32

@Solla-topee That's the problem VIGI and Tapo are in two echosystems but VIGI must be 100% compatible because there's no Tapo NVR.

Options
2022-06-21 08:27:04

@jvachez Thanks for the suggestion with integration with VIGI surveillance software with Tapo cam, I 'd like to record your feedback first  for evaluation. 

Options
2022-09-05 10:52:41 - last edited 2022-09-05 10:54:53

@Solla-topee there is a problem with VIGI cameras product line - there is no outdoor WiFi cameras available. Yes, I understand that PoE and cable connection is much better, but when I have to replace old AHD cameras with IP I have to use existing powerlines as the building is covered by stucco and cable replacement was not possible everywhere where needed. More over since TAPO is 9V instead of 12V makes additional challenge with mounting 

Where it was possible i used VIGI native, but the rest is on Tapo 

Options
2022-09-19 20:13:42

@jvachez I found a video in Youtube, by TP-Link Malaysia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQReKyPFto

I hope it helps.

Options
2022-09-22 07:03:38
It works but only standard detection is working. AI, line and area detection are not usable. We can't control the night light too.
Options
2022-09-30 06:11:28

@jvachez sorry to jump in asking a question but trying to quickly set up a system for my friend. 

She has a Tapo camera but I would like to add  a POE camera as no power close & want ethernet anyway. 

Do I have to go VIGI? 

Will prob. Add a POE switch but guess if some come with their own poe injector might stick with that for a while. 

Trying to keep simple & ideally one app for most viewing & control. 

No NVR at the moment but again is the VIGI quite a good system? 

is there a Tapo  POE camera? 

Off a tp link poe switch. 

I personally have complicated multi camera setup using Blue Iris & server PC but know little of the other echo systems. 

Options
RE:Full compatibility between Tapo camera and VIGI NVR1008H
2022-11-14 14:49:35
This would be useful
Options
2022-11-14 15:52:58

Yes it seems there's no NVR in the world that support AI detection, line detection, and control light from Tapo camera.

It's a big problem. So VIGI NVR should support that.

Options
2022-12-23 17:13:21

@jvachez 

I have bought the VIGI NVR 1008H and Camera C320WS

I have configured Cameras with User ID and Password through TAPO application on Phone

I have configured the VIGI with password and camera password with same as on Tapo application

Now when i am adding cameras of VIGI its asking for password for camera when entered it says incorrect password, i tried multiple times iit does not accept.

The status of Cameras are not certified in VIGI security manger it has IP address but no MAC address.

I can see the feed on mobile but not on Monitor or on computer though i have done TP ID binding through cloud services in NVR.

Can you please advise or help to resolve it if you have solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 6621

Replies: 19

Voters 3