Votes

TP-Link - Please For The Love Of God Can We Have The API Info For Smart Plugs

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Open API. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Open API. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 17:11:45 - last edited 2024-01-15 08:45:33
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Id actually like to be able to monitor them via PC or web server (exported and tracked in a database), especially since the data being created is mine, and since you already have it to display in your app, why should i have access to it? If fact really i cant imagine you can refuse, legally

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link - Please For The Love Of God Can We Have The API Info For Smart Plugs
2022-07-25 03:53:19

@adrianmmiller 

sadly  nothing official has been publicly released, check topic here for some third party API documentation. 

API's

Options
Re:TP-Link - Please For The Love Of God Can We Have The API Info For Smart Plugs
2022-10-27 13:46:43

@adrianmmiller 

I totally agree that having access to the API would be really helpful.

Until this month, I have been using code that I wrote using the information gleaned from projects on Github to be able to retrieve the historic energy data from my P110.  Sadly the September 2022 firmware update has altered the energy usage retrieval so you now only get the current values and none of the historic values.

I expect that someone will eventually hack this again and make it available on Github, but if TP-Link would publish the API it would make life so much easier!

Options
2022-11-26 19:38:24

Can we PLEASE have local API access at least TP-Link?

This is really becoming a real PAIN, id like to have a way to monitor live on my PC, because i am not umbilically attached to my smart phone

What would be especially useful for me would be the ability to have it live monitored on my Streamdeck, like you know, all the other hardware i own....

Options
2022-11-28 09:45:46

Maybe we just sponser some hackers to unlock the firmwares + api, you know open the source ;)

Options
2022-11-28 11:34:41

Tyeth wrote

Maybe we just sponser some hackers to unlock the firmwares + api, you know open the source ;)

@Tyeth 

Its insane that i finally can access the (basic) energy data, like days usage, days runtime and current watts, via python, which is not entirely useful as guess what the Streamdeck, where id love to have available on a button for status doesnt allow you to interface with...python

I guess i could use the python output in a dynamically created web page and then pull that data via a JSON request

Or you know, TPLink could just let registered users who paid them for their devices to have API access to their OWN data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If TPLinkcan access to our data, then WHY CANT WE

Maybe we need a class action because at least in my country, denying access to a users own data is illegal

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 397

Replies: 5