Tapo C310 problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C310 problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C310 problems
Tapo C310 problems
2022-08-17 10:53:57 - last edited 2022-08-19 02:26:32
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I would be very interested in other user experience of this camera because mine has been bad but it might be a one-off bad camera.

From day one i have had many false alarms, it seems that the camera cannot discriminate between a person and a non person. Any motion would trigger an alarm. So I set Motion OFF, AI Detection ON and Sensitivity LOW with no improvement. Then I set a zone that just covered my front door and I still got alarms triggered by events outside the zone but within the field of view.

Have been in touch with Support a number of times and latest response on subject of zone was 'So far the Person /AI Detection in our cameras uses full detection zone that is why you may find that there may be Person detection outside the Activity zone'. So what is the point of the activity zone? Generally Tapo Support regret my experience and have shared my it with the team and offered to change my camera for another TP-Link product. Not quite an admission that the camera is no good.

In my experience the C310 is a very nice video camera but is useless as a security camera but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 0

Related Articles