Votes

False detection - Person, Motion, Area, line crossing - Affecting Storage space and reviewing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

False detection - Person, Motion, Area, line crossing - Affecting Storage space and reviewing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-05 03:11:24
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.20

The current detection algorithm is loosely written causing plenty of false event detection triggering false notifications, consuming storage space and data in case Cloud recording is opted for. I understand the notification can be turned off on any type detection and still record from the event detection,but with multiple cameras the data upload will go through the roof and impact other activities on the network. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:False detection - Person, Motion, Area, line crossing - Affecting Storage space and reviewing
2022-10-13 03:42:13

@MKDa 

Thank you for the feedback, as the camera motion sensor detects the motion compared to the pixel changes, the false alerts can only be reduced as much as possible by adjusted some settings. 

For frequent notifications it is recommended to double-check if there is any movement or change of light in the triggered motion detection video clips,  motion detection could be triggered at the time when the camera captures an image change caused by moving objects or change of light. Please check some tips here in FAQ here to reduce unwanted detection activities

How to reduce motion detections from rain,snow or insects

•  Confirm Tapo camera firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date

•  Adjust Activity Zone and avoid the area that has frequent movements  e.g. Exclude the area with light changes  like sunset/sunrise, Leaves waving in the wind etc.

• Set Camera Sensitivity to Low

• Turn on AI Detection (Person Detection) and deactivate other Motion Detection settings if the camera supports AI Detection

• Try Not to point camera to the busy public areas like busy streets, lanes etc. 

Options
Re:False detection - Person, Motion, Area, line crossing - Affecting Storage space and reviewing
2022-10-23 01:50:22

@Solla-topee 

What is the difference between Motion detection and Area Intrusion? They both appear to work the same, even though the description states "person", I still get plenty false alerts for car lights etc. I was happy when I first got the camera, then it auto updated from I think 1.1.18 and now so many false alerts on lowest sensitivity on new firmware 1.1.21

Area intrusion - Set an activity zone and receive a notification when a person enters the zone.

Options
2022-10-23 01:52:18 - last edited 2022-10-23 01:52:59

Turn on AI Detection (Person Detection) and deactivate other Motion Detection settings if the camera supports AI Detection

Unfortunately, you cannot select a specific area to monitor using only AI Detection. The camera monitors all field of view.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 392

Replies: 3

Voters 1