Strange movements with Tapo C200.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-21 15:37:46
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all.  Often, having worked nights for over 20 years, I am very late to bed.  We were given a Tapo C200 last christmas and have set it up indoors on the bedroom window sill to keep a watch on the front of the house.  Many times recently, always at approx 3.30am, the camera has started whizzing & whirring for about 30 seconds.  I've never pulled the curtains back to see what it is doing, and unlike others, not heard any strange noises or voices!  Does anybody know why it is doing this please?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange movements with Tapo C200.
2022-10-24 05:33:39

@Allenby

The tapo camera will pan-tilt when it restarts or intially get power,  have you ever set power schedule for the camera ?

Options
Re:Strange movements with Tapo C200.
2022-10-24 07:06:31

@Little_C  Thanks for your reply - I didn't know there was a power setting schedule for the camera!

We received it as a Christmas gift, my Wife was nagging me to set it up, and so I did.  Got it all set up and working on my Android phone.  Wife came home from work, started reading the instructions, and before I knew it, she had pressed the reset button, set it up for her iPhone, and deleted my settings & access.  I had a bit of a tantrum about it and have left her to deal with it.  I've tried to get access to it on my phone with no luck, and would like to be able to access it from my Laptop, which I understand is possible but a bit complex.

The only reasons I posted on the forum was a) It's usually me that is up in the early hours and hears it whizzing & Whirring on the bedroom windowsill, and b) Whilst I've told her about it, there's no chance of her logging in here to try to find out why! 

The camera is permanently connected to the mains and has not been powered off since I installed it.  I didn't know there was a power schedule or setting, and it is unlikely my Wife has delved that deep into the settings.  I did see a mention a few days ago about checking the firmware is up to date, so got her to do that on her app, but it hasn't made any difference.  It's not really a huge problem, and I had guessed that it was some sort of daily reset thing going on, but couldn't find any info on here, hence my post.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 2

Related Articles