HS-200 and HS-210 not connecting…

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 05:52:07

Hi,

I've bunch of HS-200 and HS-210 switches that is showing on app as Offline. When I go through the setup process it says not connected and exit setup or restart setup.

These switches were working just fine until I upgraded my internet to Bell Fibe 3.0 GB with Modem 4000 (the latest for 3 GB connection speed) AND 4 mini pods (mesh network from Bell).

I'm not new to the smart home devices and setup and having above average knowledge of networking; however this current situation has really frustrated me as I can't find any workarounds! I strongly believe that there may be some default advance Router settings that is restricting these devices from connecting.

I've WeMo switches and they easily adopted the new ecosystem.

any thoughts or anyone had a success solving this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS-200 and HS-210 not connecting…
2022-11-29 06:40:50

@AussieGuy 

If you still have the old router or Acess point, maybe you can connect it after the your home hub router and see if you can connect the smart switches to the old router?

Options
Re:HS-200 and HS-210 not connecting…
2022-12-26 07:22:10

AussieGuy wrote

Hi,

I've bunch of HS-200 and HS-210 switches that is showing on app as Offline. When I go through the setup process it says not connected and exit setup or restart setup.

These switches were working just fine until I upgraded my internet to Bell Fibe 3.0 GB with Modem 4000 (the latest for 3 GB connection speed) AND 4 mini pods (mesh network from Bell).

I'm not new to the smart home devices and setup and having above average knowledge of networking; however this current situation has really frustrated me as I can't find any workarounds! I strongly believe that there may be some default advance Router settings that is restricting these devices from connecting.

I've WeMo switches and they easily adopted the new ecosystem.

any thoughts or anyone had a success solving this issue?

Thanks in advance!

@AussieGuy 

You probably already figured it out, but when you setup your Kasa devices you assign and select a specific WiFi SSD and password.   If you change your Internet Service Provider or equipment.  In your case you list a new modem / router with mesh access points.  Thus likely a different WiFi SSD and password.

Not sure if there is a way to BATCH transfer / change all one's Kasa devices to a different WiFi SSD / Password..   Coincidentally, I also recently changed Internet Service Providers.  I did NOT have any problems because I use my own 3rd party router, thus my WiFi SSD / Password did NOT change.   You can either reset and add your Kasa devices to your new Wifi ssd / password, or change your wifi ssd / password to what you previously used if you remember what it was.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2

Related Articles