C200 'This Tapo device can only be controlled locally" router has everything open and issue persists

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 'This Tapo device can only be controlled locally" router has everything open and issue persists

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 14:00:15
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.2.0

Hi,

I have constant issues with my new C200 cameras, I was interested in setting these up on every room to be able to stream when i'm away from home however I cannot get these to work outside of the local network.

What I have tried:

1. 8.8.8.8 as recommend for DNS settings

2. Reset and Plug it off various times

3. Disable router firewall and what not.

When I go to the Tapo Care cloud website I can't seem to add my camera either.

I have ran out of ideas, could you assist?

Regards

Pedro

Options
1 Reply
Re:C200 'This Tapo device can only be controlled locally" router has everything open and issue persists
2022-11-18 23:06:24

@TheRaidenPT did you find a solution.  I have same problem and very frustrated that there is no obvious solution.  There are many other security cameras out there so thinking to return this and buy something more re

Options