RTSP or ONVIF TCP connection intermittently blocked camera side

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-17 22:39:11
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.121

Hi,

I'm trying to remote stream a tapo C110 through onvif / rtsp. This will work on either protocol and port for about 24 hours, before it fails.

When one protocol fails (i.e. RTSP) the ONVIF one will start working again.  The client server recieves a ECONRESET - full client side error log below - ultimately the request is being blocked on the camera side however, so its not especially useful.  

Rebooting the camera remotely does not help.  I have to switch to the alternative protocol/port from the client server and then the process occurs again in the next 24 hours. Its rather frustrating because the server (scrypted) acts as a homekit proxy and everything needs to be re-added to homekit.

I assume the camera is refusing the connection because of a hidden polling or connection restriction, but there's nothing in the settings to prioritise the stream server.

General answers in advance.

1. The camera is still online and accessible via the Tapo APP / has green Led all the time 

2. The camera is returning ping requests. 

3. RTSP / ONVIF streaming are via a local network - proxied to homekit via scrypted (node.js) - the stream/snapshot are blocked on the network side.

4. Router / modem is a TP-Link Deco (mesh) DSL.

Thank you.

Brendan.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RTSP or ONVIF TCP connection intermittently blocked camera side
2022-11-18 08:38:14

@brendan-tas 

Thank you for the feedback! We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 1

Related Articles