Alexa can't find my C320WS camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-18 00:01:53
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I have just installed a C320WS camera which is working fine on my Tapo App but for some reason it doesn't link to Alexa.  I have tried discovering the device in the Alexa app but it doesn't find it even though the network is stable and connections are fine.  Any help would be appreciated as my main reason for getting the camera is so I can view who is at the door from my phone or Alexa Echo Show

Options
2 Reply
Re:Alexa can't find my C320WS camera
2022-11-18 03:08:25

@Mushy 

Hello! Have you tried to enable Tapo skill on the Alexa APP? Please refer to this instruction to set up Tapo device with Alexa. 

How to make my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) work with Amazon Alexa

If the camera still cannot be discovered, here are some tips that may help. 

Step 1 Ensure the Tapo device can be controlled remotely.

Step 2 Disable and then enable the skill of the Tapo device.

Step 3 Make sure you have entered the correct cloud account.

What should I do if I cannot make Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) work with Alexa or Google Home

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Alexa can't find my C320WS camera
2022-11-18 07:44:22

@Wayne-TP the Alexa skill is enabled and all my other tapo devices are working through it.  There is a message at the top of the camera screen say this tapo device can only be controlled locally so guess this might have something to do with it.  I don't have a cloud account either but there is an sd card in the camera.

How will I ensure that when the camera is activated my phone receives a notification and shows me who is at the door?

Many thanks for your help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 2

Related Articles