*** RESOLVED*** TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi , REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY ***SOLUTION***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

*** RESOLVED*** TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi , REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY ***SOLUTION***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
101 Reply
Re:TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi indoor, REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY
2022-11-26 14:34:43

@KuBix82 

Looks like a global problem....Yes I'm from Poland with a local IP.

Options
2022-11-26 19:08:37

Same issue from Turkey. Any update yet?

Options
2022-11-26 21:41:25

@Wpginterceptor 

Canada

I guess i'm happy to know i'm not the only one.

I got 2 that used to on the PoE injector but on WiFi only now since i've moved and havent rebuilt my new wiring yet. and yesterday, noticed both of the ones I got connected are just spinning over and over.

I put it on PoE just to test. same issue

removed it from my account re add, it sees it but when I try to connect it to the WiFi, it reboots itself before it connects it seem sand spins again and then the cyle starts over again.

Options
2022-11-26 22:00:35 - last edited 2022-11-26 22:25:36

EVERYBODY send an email to technical support and tell them your problem and link this thread!! otherwise they wont fix it 

email is:    SUPPORT.CA@tp-link.com

Options
2022-11-26 22:09:48

Many thanks everyone.

I just posted the same problem to https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/590290

Proof to where the problem is (and isn't!)

Thanks to this thread it gave me the idea to deny my continuously rebooting webcam access to the internet

After I set my router to deny all network access for the webcam...

my web cam STOPPED rebooting itself

In otherwords, I can perfectly control when my 2 web cams will enter into an endless cycle of rebooting, simply by denying them access (or not) to the internet.

What does this mean?

It means the problem:

• is NOT a local issue
  • is NOT related to any local network, or Wi Fi configuration
  • is NOT related to the hardware or firmware version of the webcam
  • is NOT related to the configuration of the web cam

and means

• there is no point in doing a reset, a factory reset, or changing any aspect of your web cam to 'fix' the problem

It also means this workaround:

• stops me from remote controlling my web cam 
  • stops me receiving notifications about my web cam

What next?

For me this is a problem for no single end-user. The ONLY organisation that is responsible is tp-link. Only tp-link can identify the true root cause of the problem and provide a fix.

I believe there is enough evidence presented here to show there's nothing any end-user or consumer can do to fix this issue.

I would suggest everyone logs a support ticket with tp-link and refer them to this thread.

Options
2022-11-26 22:36:30

@MatthewEngland i wroted them and got this

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the TP-Link Support. Your case has been recorded in our email ticketing system with ticket number TKID221141938.

Email service is intended for non-urgent inquiries with a typical response time of 1-business day.  Historically during the holiday season, the volume of emails dramatically increases, and the average response time can sometimes double to 2-business days. If your concern or inquiry is of an urgent nature please consider using our Live Chat service instead.  https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

We also have several self-help resources that you can use while you wait for a reply:

FAQs: https://www.tp-link.com /support/faq/

Videos: https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

Community Stories: SOHO   Smart Home   SMB

For RMA request, please register the product first to prepare the service: https://myproducts.tp-link.com/login

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please reply to this email and they will be added to your Ticket.

Best Regards,

TP-Link Support

https://www.tp-link.com/support

So, wa hawe to wait.

Options
2022-11-27 00:09:57

@Wpginterceptor 

I have the same issue that the TP NC450 camera keeps auto-rebooting. I tried to reset, but same result of not able to connect. Guess, it is about time to get a new one. I have the camera for more than 4 years.

Options
2022-11-27 01:25:52

I want to correct that. Mine is also V2. Thanks.

Options
2022-11-27 01:26:49

Tp-Link, how can I downgrade my firmware?

Options
2022-11-27 02:37:04 - last edited 2022-11-27 02:39:25

I have the same problem, just started. Never had this sort of issue ever. I've got a whole fleet of NC450 and NC260 for the last 5 years.

Two cameras needed work, tried to reset (connected using Ethernet cable) noticed they kept rebooting after a short while.

Then noticed the NC450 rebooting ... noticable because of a speaker click that occurs.

Checked the spare NC450, same problem. Did a WiFi router reboot, same problem.

Then reset the camera without attaching it to the Ethernet or WiFi ..... stopped rebooting. Starts rebooting the moment it is connected to the wifi or Ethernet. Something really really odd.

Based in Singapore and Indonesia.

Options
Related Articles